Eco-Friendly Home Products exists to help people who care about the environment express their concern with what they buy for their homes. I strive to offer the widest array of environmentally friendly products (from 15¢ switch-plate insulators to $30,000 home solar electricity generating systems) available at any one site on the Internet. Many of these products will eventually pay for themselves from the money they save on your electric or water bills.
What kinds of products are eco-friendly?
- Products that generate electricity, either for your whole house, that light in the shed, or just to recharge your cell phone and other gadgets
- Products that help you use less electricity
- Products made with materials and/or manufacturing techniques that have minimal environmental impact
- Products made with significant recycled content
- Products that contain little or no hazardous materials
- Products that help you use less plastic
- Products that help you use less water
- Products that purify the water you drink and bathe in
- Products that help move air efficiently
- Products that remove allergens and pollutants from the air you breathe
Common “green” products include CFL and LED light bulbs, non-hazardous cleaning materials, reusable water bottles, low-flow shower heads, solar and/or wind charging machines, insulating materials, and low VOC paints. Eco-Friendly Home Products offers–or soon will offer–not only such products, but also “green” furniture, mattresses, sheets, towels, kitchenware, clothing, pet supplies, recreational items, and even exercise equipment made with a high content of recycled materials and green manufacturing techniques.
The common recycling logo has three arrows pointing to each other in an endless loop. They stand for “reduce, reuse, recycle.” Reduce how much trash you throw away and how toxic it is. Reuse what you have as much as possible, and re-purpose things rather than throwing them away. Recycle as much as possible, even if, like hazardous and electronic wastes, you have to transport them to a special receiving center yourself. And then, buy products with high recycled content.
Make Eco-Friendly Home Products your one-stop shopping source and read articles found through All-Purpose Guru for helpful information.