Eco-Friendly Home Products
Eco-Friendly Home Products is a green and sustainable-living online shopping mall. Yep. Besides “shopping mall,” that’s what they all say. What does it mean?
|BROWSE OUR PRODUCTS||LEARN WHAT MAKES US TICK|
Let’s look especially at sustainable. For one thing, it’s a turn away from the shrill kind of environmentalism that seemed to value little fish above human needs. You can find lots of different technical definitions of sustainable online. Most combine
Eco Houston Recycled Cotton Chenille Rug
Pompano Cardio-Core elliptical trainer
Cleanwave® Sanitizing Vacuum
AC-DC rechargeable 60 LED work light
SensorPlug Motion Activated Electrical Outlet
at least three elements: living within reasonable limits; recognizing and respecting how society, the economy, and the environment are interconnected; and equitable distribution of both natural resources and economic opportunity. The one I like best is that something is sustainable if we can keep on doing it indefinitely without doing harm.
- Breathing bad air—outdoors or in—is not sustainable.
- Polluting the water we drink and bathe in, swim in, and get food from is not sustainable.
- Using up petroleum even though nothing is left domestically but deposits that are very expensive and very dangerous to extract, and in environmentally sensitive areas, is not sustainable.
- Destroying tourist destinations and other economic engines to mine coal is not sustainable.
- Wasting treated drinking water, fuel, landfill space, or any other non-renewable resource is not sustainable.
- Creating more trash than we have room to dispose of it is not sustainable.
Sustainable living is frugal living
Frugal does not mean stingy or cheap. It means living within our means and not wasting anything. The generation that lived through the Depression had to be frugal. That is, they had to until the post-war prosperity. At that time, American society went on an unsustainable binge of extravagant waste. The bills are coming due. It’s time to return frugal living to our concept of prosperity. That often means buying something that costs more up front in order not to continue wasting money. That’s just frugal. That’s sustainable.
What’s a green and sustainable living shopping mall?
All of the products from our vendors are like displays in shop windows. You know you’ll find many other products inside like the ones in the window. Most of our vendors carry hundreds, even thousands of products for sustainable and frugal living. Therefore, every time we add a new vendor, we add access to hundreds or thousands of Eco-Friendly Home Products. As you browse the windows and shops, you will easily find whatever meets your needs or desires for green, sustainable products. All from one truly comprehensive site!